Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beaten down by Mickey D's

Long long long long day. It's 11:46pm Thursday here and I am exhausted, but wanted to post a quick update. I will fill it in later with my witty words and thoughts.

What I Did Today
1. At 5:00 am, went to the Tsukiji Wholesale Fish Market. Came close to death too many times. There were mean looking men wielding knives.
2. Ate Japanese breakfast again. Just as tasty as yesterday.
3. Sat through three lectures on education in Japan, the economy in Japan, and the government in Japan. Pretty interesting, but long to sit through.
4. Managed to lead 15 people through the subways of Tokyo to get to Disneyland. Without getting lost. Most excellent.
5. Spent 4 hours wandering around DisneySea. I ate black pepper popcorn and drank green tea. Very strange.
6. After getting off subway near hotel, a group of us decided to go to McDonald's. There is one a few blocks from our hotel that is open 24 hours. It was closed. Closed. 24 hours my rear end.
7. Considered taking a nice long soak in the bathtub, but the probabillity of me dying by drowning due to falling asleep in the tub is 98%.

I'm going to bed. My body is pretty ticked off at me right now.

4 comments:

theloudkaren said...

Hey Mick!
You are a very busy girl.
Who is taking the pics of you and your adventures? Surely there isn't someone just like you along on the trip! Heaven save everyone else if there is!

Have fun - learn lots - and keep us posted.
Hugs
KY

Mickster said...

There are a lot of me around here! It seems I can convince others to follow me around...they think I am odd and interesting to watch. So, naturally, I entertain them as much as I can! I just get random people to take pictures of me!

-- Roasted Bean said...

24/7 McD's closed!?!? No good! Heh, but maybe its something we could learn over here. (doubt it highly)

I'm digging the Japanese cuisine! Seems to be more on the vegan side of life. Tasty, lean, interesting, and good. Good deal !!

Confucius (should) say, 'Closed McD's leads longer life..'
(551 BC - 479 BC (72))

Mickster said...

Japanese food is quite tasty, and very fresh. But, when craving American food, nothing satisfies over here like McDonald's because it virtually tastes the same. I did grab a cheeseburger in Hiroshima, so all is good. I need to get back and try the McShrimp burger though!