Sunday, October 12, 2008

And so it begins...

Man, is it ever early!!!

Mom picked me up at 3:30 this morning (thanks, Mom!) to cart my happy butt off to the airport. The last few days have been stressful, to say the least, but at least I am finally here at the airport! Of course, that was not without drama...the computers were down at the United counter. My boarding pass is a wonder, let me tell you. If these days of heightened airport security, it was EXTREMELY odd to be given a handwritten boarding pass. I half expected to be given an old-school flying helmet and silk scarf next...this was just bizarre! Unfortunately, because the computers were down, I was unable to find out where my seats are for the next few legs of flying, so knowing my luck, I am probably in the middle of the middle section. Ah, joy. But, then, you never know...maybe I need to quit being so pessimistic.

Still in a bit of shock that the day of departure is finally here...definite butterflies in the stomach and all that jazz. Or, maybe I just need breakfast...I'm hoping that the usual snack bag turns into a sausage biscuit, but I think I am pretty much out of luck! Besides, United has drastically scaled back on its gratuitous services, and if you want food on a domestic flight (if you're flying Economy, which I am), you have to buy it. Imagine! BUYING airline food! For those of you who have not experienced airline food, trust me, this is something one should not have to pay to experience.

Oh well...sounds like I am complaining, but I am actually relieved and ready for this whole thing to get under way...and I guessm in a way, it has!

More later...stay tuned...

2 comments:

Palila said...

Whoo! Hope the rest of your travel goes smoothly!

Mickster said...

Let me tell you, nothing makes a person feel more secure than a handwritten boarding pass, let me tell you!