Monday, September 8, 2008

Website

Okay, so one of the things I included in my Follow On Plan is that I would create a website that would incorporate several major elements, including this blog. I have been stressing about it, because I didn't want to learn HTML or a new program when school is in session and when my brain is completely foggy because of the RAPIDLY approaching trip. One of the participants on the June trip used School World to design her page, and I figured, what the heck...I might as well use that. It is going to cost me $39 per year for hosting fees, but in the long run, I think it is going to be worth it. So far it is easy to use, and takes hardly any time to set up. It is in its early infancy stages right now, but if you want to take a look at it, here it is!

Ms. Emily in Japan

In other news...

This trip is right around the corner! It is less than five weeks away. That may seem like a considerable amount of time, but as I have been blogging about this since, oh, MARCH, the fact that there are only five weeks that separate me from this fantastic trip is very exciting. I definitely need to practice some Japanese though. Since I do well with cramming, I am hoping that the 10-hour plane ride will provide ample amounts of study time. I should really get cracking on that...it's just that my commute doesn't lend itself easily to study Japanese in my car!

I think I have most of what I need for the trip. I need to find a good comfortable pair of black dress shoes. So far, those have been pretty elusive (read: I am cheap and trying my best to combine comfort with cheap...it's not working). I need to get a sweater and if I can find one, a black blazer. Other than that, it's sit and wait!

Check out the website if you have the time, and don't be afraid to leave comments!

1 comment:

Palila said...

As my Japanese teacher would say, "benkyoshimasu!"