Thursday, September 25, 2008

An Open Letter to the FedEx Man

Dear Mr. FedEx Man,

You had a busy day, didn't you? I wonder if you realize what you brought me today. When I got home from school, I went to the front porch to get my mail as I always do, and I saw the FedEx envelope propped in between the door and the screen door. I knew what it was. I had been told to expect it, and there you put it.

Today you brought me my flight itineraries for the Japan trip. You also brought me my luggage tags, and my name tage. You brought me the schedule for the orientation day in San Franciso. You brought me news of my dinner with the Consul General, and you brought me directions on what to do when I get to San Francisco (pink shirt, sign, check...).

The best thing you brought me? Reality. For so long the trip has been just hanging there, not quite 100% certain. But holding that flight itinerary in my hand, I finally knew that this trip was for real, and that in mere days I will be on my way to this exciting adventure.

Mr. FedEx Man? You rock. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Me

No comments: