Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Seriously, Ike

So, after a long absence (okay, it was only 3.5 days), the electric is finally back on, and it is back to school tomorrow, albeit with a 2-hour delay. In the meantime, I have fallen behind on my beloved Ning site. Sigh. I guess I will just have to chain myself to the computer and surf until I get caught back up. Hurricanes in Indiana...bizarre. I knew that Ohio River had it in her!

The cool news is that one of the ladies on the trip has a friend who lives in Japan, and he has volunteered to be our tour guide on our free day in Kamakura. Yes! How cool is that? What's even better? He has offered to guide 30 (30!!!) of us around. Very cool. A guided tour might take some of the spontaneity out of everything, but at the same time, I know I will see the big stuff. I'm excited!

At this point, though, not as excited as I am about the electric being back on. Being pseudo-Amish is not cool. Not cool at all.

No comments: