Monday, April 7, 2008

Decisions, decisions...

Okay, with something like 187 days to go (not counting, really), I am occupying my mind with what to do on my free day in Japan. This is a toughie. The responsible part of me says to go visit a shrine somewhere, or a local museum, or do some shopping (ha! as if I won't get enough of that done every other minute of the day). There will plenty of opportunities to get out and see things. The fish market, for example. From reading past participants' blogs, I know that is a possibility one morning. You go on various sightseeing trips and go out exploring at night when the seminars are done for the day. I know I will get a good dose of culture. I know it!

For example, I could go see this shrine of Buddha...


It's in Kamakura, just south of Tokyo, and it is HUGE. 15 meters tall or something like that. It would be an amazing sight to behold.

I could go to Hiroshima, if I carefully planned out everything and EVERYTHING went according to plan. But this is me we are talking about...nothing ever goes according to plan.

But I have to tell you, where I want to go is so far from what I should do. I want to go to Disney.



I tell you, when I went to Europe, I did not allow myself to go to Disney Paris. I had a great day in Paris, went to all kinds of museums, climbed the Arc de Triomphe, ate a croissant as I walked down the Champs-Elysses...it was fabulous. But I still wished that I had gone to Disney. And now, I have this free day in Tokyo. It takes 15 minutes by rail to get to Tokyo Disney from the middle of Tokyo. There are two parks, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, which is supposed to be FANTASTIC. I want to go so badly! This is going to agonize me for a long while. Maybe someone on the trip (there are another 199 people going) will want to go, so I can justify it. But I am willing to go it alone, all for the sake of feeding my Disney needs. I may never make it back to Tokyo...I will go back to Europe. Seems only right that I take advantage of this opportunity now (and for those of you saying I could use this opportunity to take advantage of other things, sssh!) while I have the chance.

Today, I am going to Tokyo DisneySea.

This will change tomorrow.

What Have I Been Up To:
1. Filling out paperwork
2. I got my physical, so I am medically/physically ready to go to Japan
3. I thought about going on a diet so that I have more room in my airplane seat! But, I have only thought about it. Maybe I will work on that soon.

No comments: